TikTok is a most collaborative social media platform where you share jokes and fresh ideas. And now it has introduced another such feature which allows users to integrate others’ video clips into their ones.
Now, it’s in the range of everybody to remix your videos and innovatively recreate them. It’s marvelous for reaction videos, where you give your feedback and reply to other videos you’ve enjoyed.
In this article, you’re going to explore how to Stitch on TikTok with just a few clicks away. So, if you don’t know how to use this latest feature? You’ve tapped on the right post.
What Is Meant By Stitch on TikTok?
Stitch is TikTok’s latest video editing function that enables its users to mix video clips from other users into their ones. TikTok itself explains it in the following words:
“Stitch is a way to interpret and add to another user’s content, building on their stories, tutorials, recipes, math lessons, and more.”
TikTok Stitch VS Duets
The main difference between TikTok’s Duet and TikTok Stitch is that the Duet tool enables users to format reaction videos on a split-screen. On the contrary, both original and new videos are blended into one in The Stitch feature. Thus, Duets allows you to play videos alongside others’ videos. At the same time, Stitch enables you to use up to 5 seconds of others’ videos into your own.
The Current Trends Utilizing TikTok Stitch
You should pay attention to some of the most popular hashtags and users if you’re searching for the latest trends that benefit from the Stitch feature.
The original maker of this Stitch video trend made a marvelous astronaut’s helmet into his headphones.
This Stitch trend has gone viral because of its rich and subtle humor. The core hypothesis is that someone remarks, “Pass the phone to.” Then they pinpoint a kind of person. It can be stupid or honest. It’s entirely up to the person who opts to Stitch with this meaningful video.
This famous hashtag began with a video querying the users, “What’s a video that lives in your head rent-free?” Then this video is stitched with another one that they’re perpetually pondering over.
You must have known Khaby Lame. He is the monarch of the Stitch hashtag. He retorts the “hacks” different users post on TikTok by identifying the defects and limitations regarding their rationality.
Steps to Stitch Videos on TikTok
Follow the steps given below once you have finalized the video you have decided to Stitch on TikTok:
- Click the arrow-like icon “Share.”
- Press “Stitch.” If “Stitch” is blurred, it means the original maker has disallowed access to Stitch that particular video.
- Choose a clip by scrolling through the desired video. Now arrange the red box around that specific video until it includes the part of the video you wish to Stitch. Remember that you can only choose up to five seconds from that selected video.
- Click on “Next.”
- Record your part of the video. While recording your response, the red at the top shows the original video, and the blue stands for what you’ve made. Secondly, you can employ a selection of TikTok’s special tools such as the setting of the timer, the speed, filters, and special effects.
- Press the checkmark and opt for the icon “Next.”
- Add a proper caption and hashtags.
- If you’re prepared to post, press the icon “Share.”
Method to Turn Stitch On and Off
Your content can reach millions of substantial collaborations if you allow your videos to integrate with others. It will be a revolutionary step to boom the reach and gain the potential of getting viral.
The following steps can help you change Stitch in Privacy Settings:
- Go to your profile and press the three dots seen on the top right corner of the screen.
- Click the icon of “Privacy.”
- Now press the instruction “Who can Stitch with your videos.”
- Choose “Everyone,” “Friends,” or “No one.” Press the back arrow to save the settings.
But the process doesn’t end here. You get enabled to change the Stitch settings for each video you have uploaded, even when the general settings are set up.
Before clicking the option “Share,” switch the on/off toggle “Allow Stitch.” In the case of Stitching a video, TikTok mechanically gives credit to the authentic maker in the new video title. It also links straight to the video of the original creator. Thus, accurate attribution is given to all makers as they can’t remove the hashtag and profile label in the video’s title.
Steps to Stitch on TikTok with Video from Camera Toll
Follow these below-mentioned steps to allow Stitch on TikTok with videos from your camera roll and that too with the Stitch function deactivated:
- Open any video editing tool. I would recommend Kapwing Studio. It can work on any device with a Chrome browser.
- Copy the TikTok URL of the particular video and paste it into the studio.
- Adjust your videos and trim each clip. You can employ the split tool by tapping the button located above the timeline. Be careful that the video does not exceed 60 seconds.
- Tap at the export video to start working on the final procedure. Press download and save it to your device once the video has been ready.
- Now open TikTok. Click on the + sign. Then upload the videos in your camera roll. When the final screen appears, mention the original maker of the video in the caption and press the icon “Post” to get your video shared.
TikTok has invented this new ‘Stitch’ feature to promote video responses and merge the novel ideas of the creators to form something exciting and brand new. So, now you about how to stitch on TikTok, are you encouraged to use Stitch? If yes, comment below and share your thoughts on this new feature!
Also Read: How to Find Drafts on Instagram?