iMessage is a remarkable messaging tool as it enables you to send and receive messages between all iOS and Mac devices. It can be highly useful when you’ve left your iPhone at home and you want to check your iPhone messages. The simple way is to just login using one Apple ID to multiple devices and the iMessages will sync automatically across all devices.
In this article, we’ll explain how to sync messages from iPhone to Mac with three easy methods. But before explaining it, we’ll cover how to prepare your iPhone to sync messages on Mac.
How to Get Ready iPhone to Sync Messages on Mac & iPad
Follow the below steps to adjust iPhone Settings leading to sync messages from iPhone to Mac and iPhone to iPad.
- Go to the Settings App and open it.
- Tap on Messages.
- Ensure that iMessage is toggled on.
- Now tap Send & Receive.
- If “Use your Apple ID for iMessage” pops up, tap it and then sign in with the Apple ID you use to the Apple devices you desire to sync with.
- Ensure that under “You Can Receive iMessages to and Reply From”, your phone number, Apple ID, and other emails are checked.
- Now, under “Start New Conversations From”, choose your phone number, unless you strongly prefer one of your email addresses.
- You’ll find your Apple ID at the bottom. Note it because you have to ensure that you’re using the same one on Mac and iPad.
- Now move back to “Settings” and tap “FaceTime.”
- Ensure that under “You Can be Reached by FaceTime at” your phone number and Apple ID are checked.
3 Ways to sync iPhone Messages to Mac
In this article, you will learn 3 easy methods regarding how to sync messages from iPhone to Mac, including iMessages and text messages.
Method # 1. How to Sync iPhone Messages to Mac via iCloud
Even though Apple uses the close system on all its products like Mac, iPhone, etc. it facilitates between them. You can conveniently share and sync data between iPhone and Mac by setting up some apps. The Messages app is a popular one.
If you use iCloud settings or Apple ID to sync messages from iPhone to Mac, you should activate the Message app on Mac first.
How to Activate Messages App on Mac
Follow the below steps to enable the Messages app on Mac:
- Open the Applications folder, search for the Messages app and open it by double-clicking on it. You can also open it from your desktop dock directly.
- Now enter your Apple ID and password to the related boxes on the popup window, and hit the “Sign in” icon to start setting up Messages on Mac. If you have activated two-step verification or two-factor authentication, you’ll be asked to enter your verification code.
- After sign-in, unfold the “Messages” menu on top of the app and choose “Preference”. Move to the “Account” tab, tick the checkbox in front of “Enable this account”, enter your phone number in the box of “Start new conversation from”, and then click on the “Add Email” icon to add email addresses that you want to overtake.
- When activation is completed, access the Messages app, and you can find the newly synced messages sent by another iOS device to your iPhone.
When you activate the Messages app on Mac, you can easily sync contacts to Mac automatically by adhering to similar settings on the Contacts app on Mac.
How to Sync Messages From iPhone to Mac Through iCloud
- Open the Message app on Mac and go to “Message”>”Preferences”>”Account”. Now after checking the box of “Enable Messages on iCloud”, click the “Sync Now” icon.
- Go to your iPhone, move to “Settings” > “iCloud” and put the switch from “Messages” to “ON”. Then move to “Settings”> “Messages” and select “Sync Now”.
- Now connect both your iPhone and Mac to a Wi-Fi network. Connecting iPhone messages to Mac will begin through iCloud.
Method # 2. How to Sync iPhone iMessages to Mac via Apple ID
Follow the above-mentioned steps to enable the Messages app on Mac. Then apply the following steps to sync iMessages from iPhone to Mac.
- After unlocking your iPhone, go to “Settings”> [your name] > “Send & Receive”, and ensure you have signed in with the same Apple ID you have used to establish Message on Mac.
- Now check your phone number and email address under “You Can Be Reached By iMessage At” and then “Start New Conversations From”. Ensure that they match the ones you inserted on Mac.
Now the iMessage sent on iPhone will be synced to the Message app on Mac.
Method # 3. How to Sync iPhone Messages In Addition to Old iMessages to Mac via iPhone Transfer
This method will help you sync messages from your iPhone to Mac directly with iPhone Transfer, covering those old messages and text messages as well. This useful software works efficiently on Macs, including macOS Big Sur.
- First, download and install iPhone Transfer for Mac to your PC.
- Then click the name of your iPhone in the upper left corner, and choose “Messages” and “Message Attachments” to show all messages on your iPhone. Now you can preview the iPhone messages and checkmark each one you want to sync to Mac.
- Now move to the “Export to” menu located on the top ribbon and choose “Export to Mac” to begin moving liked messages from iPhone to your Mac PC immediately. It also enables you to transfer content to the iTunes library from your iPhone.
Related Article: How To Block No Caller ID Calls On An iPhone
In this article, we have displayed to you how to sync messages from iPhone to Mac. Now, you know about how to sync messages from iPhone to mac, You can easily sync iPhone messages to Mac through iCloud or Apple ID. In addition, we have also shown you how to transfer iPhone messages through “iPhone Transfer” software directly that can move the old ones to Mac, too. Comment below which one of the ways suits you and how was your experience!